WATCH AND PRAY THAT YE ENTER NOT INTO TEMPTATION
And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.
Just days before his crucifiction (Matthew 26), Jesus told his disciples, "Ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad. But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee."

Peter immediately said he would never be offended by Jesus. However, Jesus told him, "Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice."

Later that same evening, Jesus went with Peter and two others to pray in the garden. When he found the disciples asleep, Jesus said, "What, could ye not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Later on after Jesus was arrested, Peter indeed was offended and denied Jesus three times.

We must take seriously the advice of Jesus who told Peter to WATCH AND PRAY THAT HE ENTER NOT INTO TEMPTATION. We must be alert and not sleep like Peter did in the garden.


The hour is late, dear reader, and we don't know what the future holds. May we each watch and pray in Jesus name that we indeed do not enter into temptation.

No comments: