THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM
"Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy." Psalm 99:9

I thought you may want to know why I call myself a Christian.

Like many, I made some really dumb decisions as a young adult and while living the hippie scene in Southern California, I got some bad drugs and ended up in a mental hospital and they told my family I would never be normal again. Amazingly, I got better and was out after a few months.

As I continued in this wild and careless lifestyle, I became pregnant. Out of selfishness and shame, I chose to get an abortion which was a horrible experience even though at the time, I thought it was the best thing to do.

A few years later, I got married and had a baby. I loved being a mother but the marriage had big problems because my husband and I both had big problems.

Over the years, I had been searching for... not sure for what, but I kept looking and tried everything from religion to drugs to relationships... every path I searched left me empty. Not understanding much about Christianity, when a friend told me about Jesus, I didn't think much of it because I thought I was a Christian.

One day, after watching real Christians on a tv program, I realized that I wanted what they had. So alone in my living room, I got on my knees and asked Jesus to forgive me of my sin and come into my heart and be Lord of my life.

During the following few days, I knew something had changed in me. It was like I had been in a deep, dark pit and only when I looked straight up, could I see a small blue dot; everything else was black. Then it was as if Jesus lifted me out and put me on top of a mountaintop where I could see clear, blue skies for the first time in my life - amazing! Plus, I had peace and joy like never before AND I couldn't put the Bible down. Up until then, I couldn't get past the first couple of chapters of Genesis. I learned that Jesus washed all my sin away by his blood when he died on the cross. Then after three days, he rose from the dead - a giant miracle!

My desire to do drugs left immediately and I even noticed I stopped using profanity. Whenever I thought about Jesus dying for me, I would cry - He was healing me from the inside out!

In spite of my changed life and being blessed with another child, my marriage got worse and divorce came few years later.

As a single parent, the Lord was my strength.

Once my kids grew up and moved out, I decided to leave my corporate job in Atlanta, move to Florida, and go to Bible School. $35,000 in debt, I stepped out in faith and trusted God. Guess what? Less than two years later I was debt free and living my dream being a missionary - another miracle!

Now back in the USA, I desire to see people find true freedom through a personal relationship Jesus Christ. God loves us so much that he sent his one and only Son that whosoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life - this is the Good News!

Until next time...


Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5:8

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 10:9

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:13

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

No comments: