Tabea and I walking to her home in the snow this week
I LOVE THE SNOW!
Growing up in Burbank which is located in southern California, I saw very little snow and not too much rain either for that matter. Earthquakes, yes... heat waves... every year... but no snow. So now, living here in Berlin, I am so excited that we have been having snow all week! Not too much of it, but just enough to make it pretty on the trees. When I look at snow, it reminds me of what the Lord told Isaiah, "Come now, let us argue this out. No matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can remove it. I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow. Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you as white as wool. If you will only obey me and let me help you, then you will have plenty to eat." (Is 1:18,19)

DEUTSCH
Tabea und ich, wie wir diese Woche im Schnee zu ihr nach Hause gehen
ICH LIEBE DEN SCHNEE!
Weil ich in Burbank aufgewachsen bin, das im Süden von Kalifornien liegt, sah ich sehr wenig Schnee und auch nicht allzuviel Regen. Erdebeben, ja... Hitzewellen... jedes Jahr... aber keinen Schnee. So bin ich nun, wo ich hier in Berlin lebe, total begeistert, daß wir die ganze Woche Schnee hatten! Nicht zu viel davon, aber gerade genug, es auf den Bäumen schön zu machen. Wenn ich Schnee anschaue, erinnert mich das daran, was der Herr Jesaja sagte: "Kommt denn und laßt uns miteinander rechten! spricht der HERR. Wenn eure Sünden rot wie Karmesin sind, wie Schnee sollen sie weiß werden. Wenn sie rot sind wie Purpur, wie Wolle sollen sie werden. Wenn ihr willig seid und hört, sollt ihr das Gute des Landes essen." (Jesaja 1,18.19)

No comments: